Offering regulatory compliance for public water systems and wastewater treatment
Through its independent consulting affiliates, Texas Drinking Water Solutions and Elston Johnson & Associates, SAMCO has added environmental services concerning regulatory compliance requirements for public water systems (PWS) and wastewater treatment.
The SAMCO mapping team creates and maintains detailed water utilities management maps to meet regulatory requirements and client needs.
Pre-inspection compliance audits
SAMCO’S pre-inspection services provide PWSs with a customized comprehensive evaluation report, which allows them to proactively assess water compliance requirements concerning:
- Engineering plans, specifications, and approval processes
- Groundwater, surface water, and purchased water sources
- Primary and secondary treatment facilities
- Production and distribution system capacities
- Water distribution facilities
- Operational monitoring and reporting
- Chemical and microbiological monitoring and reporting
- Revised Total Coliform Rule (RTCR)
- Public notice and boil water notice actions and reporting.
SAMCO’S customized comprehensive evaluation report provides an effective mechanism that allows PWSs to focus and implement compliance and funding strategies toward specific critical infrastructure facilities and essential operations and maintenance.
Revised Total Coliform Rule (RTCR)
SAMCO provides comprehensive compliance assistance services to PWSs concerning RTCR regulatory requirements.
Sample Siting Plan (SSP) and monitoring plan
- Identification of appropriate and sanitary routine and repeat microbial sample site locations and a sample collection schedule that are representative of water throughout the PWSs distribution system
- Incorporation of microbial sample sites, sample collection schedule, groundwater sources, and any associated groundwater sample points required by the Ground Water Rule into the required written SSP
- Assessment of both routine and repeat sample site locations and development and completion of required Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) concerning any alternative repeat sample locations proposed by the PWS for inclusion in the SSP
- Developing and updating distribution system SSP map or series of maps and monitoring plan schematics and regulatory sample locations which meet TCEQ requirements by using SAMCO’s state of the art GIS and GPS services
- Creation of SSP map or series of maps which identify all required regulatory components such as distribution system valves, water mains and sizes, all routine microbial sample sites, entry point source locations, water storage facilities, and any pressure plane boundaries
Level 1 and Level 2 assessments
- Performance of required Level 1 and Level 2 Assessments and identification of sanitary defects during assessment activities
- Development of appropriate Corrective Action Response Plan (CARP) associated with any identified sanitary defects found during Level 1 or Level 2 Assessments
- Creation and establishment of proper microbial sample collection and delivery protocol required by Level 1 and Level 2 assessments
State-approved start-up procedures
- Coordination and assessment of microbial sampling activities and appropriate sampling site selection
- Completion, certification and submission of state-approved start-up procedures for seasonal PWSs
Wastewater permitting compliance assistance
SAMCO’S wastewater permitting services provides comprehensive regulatory support for wastewater systems. Services include:
- Completion and coordination of all types of TCEQ wastewater permitting applications
- Completion and coordination of on-site sewage facility (OSSF) applications
- Comprehensive assistance with the completion of wastewater treatment monitoring and reporting
- Development of a comprehensive asset inventory of collection and treatment system components
30+ years of experience in the water industry
WHY CHOOSE SAMCO
By engaging SAMCO, you can be assured that you’ll receive the specific, actionable data you need to improve the efficiency and integrity of your system.
With the information generated by our leak survey of your system, you can: